Thursday, March 15, 2012

How Do You Like Your Hamburger?


When it comes to making hamburgers, I prefer to form them myself over buying the preformed in the store. The reasons are that preformed store hamburgers have no spices or seasoning in them, and I also like my burgers a little thicker than the more commonly found quarter pounders. When choosing ground beef, my taste testers (AKA my family) prefer the ground neck and steak that I get at Brachs over the straight ground chuck. I believe it has to do with the fat content in the ground neck and skirt that helps keep the burger juicier when it is cooked over such high heat compared to the ground chuck. I take mine a little pink on the inside.

Ketchup? Mustard? Mayonnaise? Horseradish Sauce?

So many ways to dress your burger and so little time. And who could forget the condiments?

Previously, I was a fan of grilled onions on my burgers but lately every time I make burgers I am working for 45 minutes on perfectly caramelized onions.


As for the condiments, these are the only ones I take with my burgers and caramelized onions



No comments:

Post a Comment