Friday, May 1, 2015

BBQ Leftovers

Some of the best part about BBQ are the leftovers. Granted, most times, there isn't much left after a #bbqfest and #smokefest, but when there are, they taste as good as the day I made them. I call this the #EIBG version of Chopped.

Image result for food network chopped

A few weeks ago I made BBQ where I smoked a few pounds of chicken. The next few nights we had a wedding one night and went out for dinner for the next. Before we knew it, it was Wednesday and we hadn't had an opportunity to utilize the leftovers from the weekend BBQ.



I turned that weekend smoked chicken into Spicy Smoked Chicken Salad and ate it for lunch for the next couple of days until my daughters noticed it in the fridge and attacked it until there was none left.


This past weekend I made the all American classic of hamburgers and hot dogs. Earlier in the week the left over hamburgers and hot dogs were finished by the kids


On Wednesday night I went to CrossFit and after doing exercises like this for an hour, I was hungry!!




Looking through the fridge, I found 2 hamburgers from the weekend hiding behind some pickles in the fridge and decided to pair it with an avocado and tomato salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment