Monday, April 27, 2015

The high heat smoke

Lets be honest, like everything in life, with the good, comes the bad. When it comes to BBQ and smoking chicken, while you get great flavor and juiciness in the chicken, you also get rubbery skin. Also, you may not have 3 hours before dinner to smoke your chicken. That's when the high heat method comes into play.

First start by cleaning your chicken and adding your favorite dry rub and a little olive oil to help emulsify the spices. In this instance I used dark meat as you can cook it for longer periods and at higher temperatures.I let this marinate while I cleaned the grill and started the chimney.


 For this cook, I used about 3/4 of a chimney of charcoal


Once I seared the chicken on both sides, I moved it onto the indirect side and dropped a piece of hickory to smoke the chicken over the hour it took to cook.


Once finished, there was a light smoke flavor, but crispy skin!!!!!

Try this method out and let me know how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment