Monday, June 2, 2014

Sunday BBQFest

If you did not BBQ this past weekend, then we need to have a serious talk about missed oppurtunities.

This Sunday saw amazing weather in NY, which I took full advantage of. At the same time I had an alterior motive, I wanted to refine my smoked beef ribs recipe that I have been working on.

After cleaning off some of the thicker fat, I added a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar to my standard rub


While the rub did its magic on the ribs, I did some more rub on some chicken and fired up some charcoal in the chimney


Once ready, I poured the charcoal onto some unlit charcoal and waited for the smoker to come to temperature I added some hickory chunks and then placed the chicken and ribs on the top rack.


After 3.5 hours the chicken was done and the meat started to pull from the bone


The ribs were then double wrapped in heavy duty aluminum foil and I started another chimney for the Weber One Touch



After another 3 hours for a total of 6.5 hours the ribs were ready




No comments:

Post a Comment